Milan Fashion Week

After days of feeling troubled, let's turn our attention back to the 2008/09 Fall/Winter Milan fashion week!
My first breakfast in Milan.

Actually every year between February and March and the period between August and September are the busiests periods for the world's fashion industry. Fashion week will commence in New York, London, Milan and Paris.

This time, I was invited by D&G to attend their 08/09 Fall/Winter fashion show on 18 February. Although I have seen the Chanel fashion show in Paris fashion week, this is actually my first time in Milan and I'm very excited!

Because of D&G's arrangements, I was given more opportunities to have a first hand encounter on how the fashion week is produced.

This is the time-table of Milan fashion week, from 16 Feb to 23 Feb.

There's a different fashion show for different labels everyday, showcasing different accessories.

Buyers and media from all over the world gathered in Milan. For instance, when I was watching the show on 15 Feb, the media and models were so rushed for time that every show were delayed by at least 30 minutes

P.S. I found out that the earliest show for the week started at 9 am by DSQUARED2. It really tested the limits of the media and the models!

Watch this space for more Milan fashion week by Elva.

See ya next time!

---------- Elva Singapore Fansite ----------

No comments: