Elva "Loves" Khalil... not Edison

Elva made her first public appearance since the release of her official statement to the Edison Chen Scandal.
She was thronged by the media when she attended Khalil Fong's press conference for his Taipei concert (心中第一梦幻演唱会). The concert will be held on April 5 and the special guest for that night is Elva.
"I feel so unjust that I'm dragged into the scandal just because we had worked together before. it's so unfair to us. I really have no personal contact with him, or any one night stand that others have guessed."
The rumour started because Edison was Elva's special guest for her 2002 concert in Hong Kong. Based on this, Elva felt that that it's extremely unfair to her and good pal, Jolin Tsai.
"I feel that it's so ridiculous, and I hope that everyone would stop spreading such rumours, because it's not funny. Jolin calls herself "Rumour Tsai", I think I can be called "Rumour Hsiao" too."
To prove her innocence, Elva raised up her left hand and swore in front of the reporters, "I swear that I'm not (involved in the scandal), otherwise I would never marry a good guy or find a boyfriend. I will be alone throughout my life and all my money would be stolen!"

When asked if she will ever collaborate with Edison, she said "Music wise, I think it's possible. I think he will mature emotionally after this incident. And could use his work to show that he has grown up."

Several days of questioning by the media has made Elva pretty tired, "Being asked everytime, it's so frustrating. This whole matter is too ridiculous, with so many innocent people being dragged into it."
Her manager, Chen Xiang Jun (陳香君), said that this matter has gotten out of control and affected her work such that many sponsors are beginning to have doubts on her. Therefore, they had decided to release an official statement. Nodding her head in agreement, Elva added "It's useless even after I've explained 100 times, the most effective way to settle this is through legal means."
Not only Elva is troubled, her family members were also affected. "Even when the plumber came to my house, he would ask my mum about this." Before she came for this event, her mum reminded her to truthfully explain everything, because a lot of her clients have been asking about this.

After she had released the statement, an altered nude photo of her started to appear on the net. She revealed that she had seen that photo "It's obvious that it has been photoshopped once you see it. And the photoshop skills need to be further improved." Her manager emphasized that they are finding out who is the source of the photo and is willing to spend a huge amount to catch that person.
To thank Elva for being his special guest, Khalil presented Elva a hammer. "I wish that she can usethe hammer to smash all rumours."
Elva will be performing a duet on the song "Love Song" with Khalil on the concert. When asked why he chose Elva, Khalil explained "I have been impressed by her dancing talent, and she had supported me during my album press release. I know that she likes soul and R&B music, which is our common topic. So I believe we will create new chemistry during the concert." And Elva is very supportive enough to decline performance offers from China to work with Khalil.
On that day, Khalil and Elva had a mini rehearsal for the song. Because their vocal range are different, they had a hard time trying to find a suitable song. In the end, they had reached a compromise. Khalil will sing at a higher key and Elva will sing at a lower key. Elva has began listening to Khalil's album when she first received it, and she have a lot of feeling when she heard "Love Song". In her previous album, she did not have much of this soul performance and she wanted to try out this free style singing, so she chose "Love Song" for the duet with Khalil.
"I've thought of Khalil as a all-rounded musician. When my record company asked me to collaborate with him, I agreed immediately. And to further demonstrate my singing skills to everyone. During the concert, I will be a beautiful girl singing by his side."

Photos: Courtesy of tom.com

---------- Elva Singapore Fansite ----------

No comments: