Fashionista Elva More More More 3

Part 3 of a weekly column written by Elva on yahoo.com.tw


Mummy! My skincare advisor

Talking about skincare, I have to drag my mum out. She is my beauty advisor since I was young. Her skin is really great. If my skin is not that bad, it must be from her genes. Last time, I knew nothing much about skincare and did not pay attention to it, unless there is a huge problem. For instance if I have a zit beside my mouth now, I would go to a professional beautician for help.

But now I have started learning skincare from my mum, because women start to age from 25. My skincare regime is as follows:

1. Pop a multi-vitamin pill everyday to replenish the nutrients needed to fight aging.

2. Eat a lot of collagen related food, like pig’s trotter and sea cucumber, everyday. If a restaurant has these 2 dishes, I would order them. I also look after my mum’s aunt, cooking chicken feet soup when I’m free to take in as much collagen as possible, so as to keep our skin supple.

3. Apply face mask twice a week. I don’t like paper face mask. I would only use them in Beijing or places where the weather is very dry. Normally when I’m bathing, I would apply those mud masks to moisturize my skin and exfoliate my face. I choose masks with all natural ingredients because if there are artificial chemicals, the mask would look yellow.

My mum applies all kinds of face mask twice a day, be it whitening, moisturizing or skin tightening. She also prefers masks with natural ingredients and short storage period. She would maximize the use of the mask by applying them on her legs after using it on her face, or using it around her mouth when she has used it on her eyes. I have picked that skill up too. Ha.

4. Exercise regularly. I feel that girls should exercise and perspire more to have better skin and health. Besides dancing at work, I also practice yoga at home. If I have no time for exercise, I would take a bubble bath and go to a sauna to make myself perspire.

Because I’m very particular about my lower body contour, I would do some stretching exercise to shape my thighs. There’s a very easy shaping exercise which you can do while watching television. First, stand with your legs apart. Then squat down, but without touching the chair and bending your knees too much. Hold it for abut 5 seconds before returning to the original position. Repeat a few times and you will feel some tightness in your thighs.

Read the original chinese version here.

---------- Elva Singapore Fansite ----------

No comments: