Fashionista Elva More More More 1

Part 1 of a weekly column written by Elva on yahoo.com.tw


I'm not cool, just shy

Many of you might not know that I’m an easily shy person. On the stage, I would try my best to conceal this bashful side of me. On a personal level, I would be very reserved like my pet dog Gemini when I meet a group of strangers. People would say that I’m cool because I don’t speak much, but I’m just shy. However, after breaking the ice, I would become a different person and would start chatting non-stop. Also, I would be shy when I meet the guy that I like for the first time, so I would not look at him in the eyes or pay attention to him. In short, I would make him feel as if I don’t like him.

I’m a very candid person. I hate pretentious people who say something in front of you but tell a totally different story behind your back. I like optimistic and straight-forward people. Although their words might be hurting because of their candour, at least they are true. I find that criticisms behind your back are the most hurting.

Interestingly, the thing that I love and hate to do most is “work”. I don’t like to wake up early or stay up late, and I’m afraid of being tired due to working till the wee hours of the night. I love an unrestricted working style. I can wake up anytime I want and do whatever I want to do… and not be tagged along by a schedule. But on the verge of hating the job, I’m still passionate about music. I would devote all my money and effort into making everything perfect.

Let’s take this album and music video as an example, they are the effort of my friends and I. At this point I would like to thank my music-enthusiast senior Ah Mu, who is also my god brother and MV director. Having an “I would die for art” spirit, he spent his wedding funds to shoot the music video for me. Many people who have seen it thought it was shot by a foreign team, and rated it as a world-class standard.

I’m like a little girl when I’m with my group of friends. My friends are older than me, so they really dote on me. When I’m against something, they would give it up too. Ha. But I did not use a willful method, instead, I hinted it. For instance when deciding a place to go. If someone were to suggest going to A, I would say: “I’m not against going to A, but it would be more fun to go somewhere else.”

As I grow up, they are lots more grey areas, and I can’t really separate the right from the wrong. But I still want to help my confused friends to be their peacemaker. At work, I tend not to confuse myself with the noise around me. I have to be more focus on what I want. When I have set my goal and style, I would proceed ahead regardless of what other might say. I suppose, that’s growing up.

Read the original chinese version here.

---------- Elva Singapore Fansite ----------

No comments: