Elva Wants to be Loved

Besides having a passion in her work, Elva loves to enjoy life. She said: “A quality lifestyle should not be packed with work. My life cannot be filled with work for 24 hours.” Watching movies, DVDs and travelling are some of the activities that she would indulge in during her pastime.

Elva’s life is inseparable from fashion. She spends thousands of dollars on fashion magazines every month to receive the latest fashion news. To her, fashion is already part of her everyday life. Her career is extremely successful, with a new record company and with plans to develop her career internationally, which is a new challenge for her. She said confidently: “My future will be better!”

Elva’s vanity is developed at a young age, “When I was young, I would use my mum’s lipstick in the bathroom and secretly wear her dress and look at myself in the mirror,” she said that because her mum is a business woman, she would let her express herself freely in terms of art, “Perhaps it’s because I had studied abroad, so I can accept different kinds of styles and dressing. As long as it’s comfortable and nice I would think it’s good-looking.”

Of course, Elva also has her fashion faux pas. She laughed: “When I was 18, I loved to wear those platform shoes, dye my hair purplish red, get big perms, trim my brows and add crystals in between my brows. Thinking back, I must be crazy then!”

After becoming a singer, she got to get in touch with many fashion labels. She said: “I have my style in music, so does clothes. We should not let the clothes wear us, instead we should bring out the beauty of the clothes.” When asked about her dress sense, she replied: “I do not like too complicated designs like those from Japan.” She appreciates British top model Kate Moss’ sense of style, which is closer to hers.

A few months ago, she was invited to Italy to attend the Milan fashion week, and she had a great experience, “I was amazed by the numerous fashion shows. The working environment there is different from Taiwan, the pace is slower yet efficient. The fashion stylist did not set an image for me initially, so there were a lot of possibilities in my image designs.”

She said: “I’m very impressed with the models on the runway. They are always on the beat, bringing out their individual personality. I saw an attitude, the look must be fierce and not shy.” She observed that the models have different styles of walking, “Some of them smiled, some were cool and some were like angels. Some were like dancing.”

Like many other models, Elva had once tried to slim down excessively, “My weight dropped to 40kg once from dieting so that I my thighs would slim down and fit into those shorts.” For now, she does not advocate unhealthy dieting, “Beyonce’s figure is very feminine, you don’t have to be a stick model. If I have curves, so be it. If my thighs are meaty, so be it!”

To her, besides fashion, her life cannot be without love. Even though she had been hurt, she would not give up her desire for love. The only difference is that she is not so impulsive when choosing a boyfriend, “Previously I would like a person on first impression. Now I would take a second or even a third look.”

She said, in her past relationships, both of them were too strong-headed and the resistance was too strong, “I had learnt many lessons from past relationships. I need to learn who is more suitable for me, and recognize guys who would not hurt me.”

What Elva is looking for in a guy is good health and optimism, “I like it when guys are independent and don’t rely too much on me. He must give me a lot of freedom in my work. Having a boyfriend in this industry, compromise is very important.”

As a Virgo, Elva revealed that she is pretty picky in love: “Virgos love to evaluate, just like filling up a form. If anyone steps on my minefield, he’s dead.”

So has anyone stepped on her “minefield”? Elva laughed: “I hate petty guys, or guys who does not have their own view. Also, he must not be too unkempt, I cant’ tolerate guys who eats too noisily.”

As a fashionista, will she accept guys who are no so much into fashion? “If I like him, I would change his sense of style.” She felt that vain guys are too egoistic, leaving no chance for communication.

Talking about her ideal guy in entertainment industry, she said: “I love Orlando Bloom’s kind of look, casual, yet oozing an artistic feel. Jude Law is not bad too; he knows how to dress well. Although his hairline is receding, he still looks good.”

Although Elva desires to be love, she does not look forward to marriage, “If you get into a relationship just for marriage, my pressure would be very high,” some people prefer bread to love, Elva said: “I would rather make bread with love!”

---------- Elva Singapore Fansite ----------

No comments: