Elva to Release Book & Hold Concert Tour

Elva arrived in Guangzhou on 12 July to promote her latest album “3-Faced Elva”. At the media press conference, there were many fans who came from many parts of China, including Sichuan, making Elva extremely touched.

Through her music, Elva expresses her 3 different facets, which include Sincere Elva, Independent Elva and Courageous Elva. 3 singles, 3 music videos, 3 stories, “In life, when you make different decisions, you will meet different Elva,” Elva described her album.

The album included a song which took Elva almost 2 years to complete and edit. This song, titled “More More More”, kept her usual style of singing, combining the best structure of dance and speed. “As the time passed, feelings have changed so I have to keep on editing to deliver the best to my fans. But I have never thought that I would become a composing artiste in the future. As long as the music is touching, it does not matter who wrote it.”
Although the singles from the album were mostly dance numbers, Elva said that she prefers the ballads in the album. One of the ballads in the album, “Similar to Love”, received rave reviews and many fans felt that it sounds a lot like Karen Mok. Elva expressed that when singing the song, she did not think of imitating anyone, but she felt that this song is like reading a letter addressed to her, which is kind of special. She said that she likes Karen Mok and feels that her songs has a lot of feelings, so she would not be unhappy even if she is compared to her.

As her birthday is coming in August, she said that her birthday wish is to promote her album in more places and hopes that sales would be good. In addition, she hopes to hold a concert tour early next year to show everyone a more complete Elva. As for love, she did not deny her desire to fall in love: “I want to fall in love but I do not have the time! I’m like every other girl who wants meet something or someone that makes me happy.”
She then further talked about what she looks for in a husband. “My ultimate is to find a good husband, but it’s hard to find one in the showbiz. If we belong to different companies it would be more troublesome, so I hope he is not from showbiz. I do not have any specific requirements for looks as long as I do not get sick looking at him, laugh when I think of him and has unlimited things to talk about with him. Most importantly, he has to be hardworking, sincere and kind. Because I do not have the time to think about other things in my job, I do not have the time to guess what he is thinking, so I feel that kindness is the most important.”

Recently singer Kelly Chen announced her wedding during her concert, and Elva admires what she did: “There’s a phrase that says ‘Let go, and it will be yours’. I feel that if they can get married it means that fate has brought them closer together. I wish that I could be like her one day.”

Elva also revealed that she will be releasing her first book this autumn, and she has started preparations for her next album. She further elaborated that the contents of the book have not been confirmed yet, but it will not be a beauty book, because many people have written about it, so people might be sick of it, “The book will still be related to women though.”

It has been a tough fight for album sales between Elva and Jam Hsiao, who had released their albums within days of each other. The media and their record companies had also stirred up discussions over album sales on various charts, and Elva had even insinuated someone was manipulating album chart sales at her celebration press conference. When asked about how she felt about Jam Hsiao, Elva was a little uneasy: “I have not had the chance to listen to his album, but I have heard his songs through the radio. It’s not bad. I find that his songs are like Stefanie’s, having very high quality.”

However, she avoided the topic of implying someone had manipulated album chart sales. While saying that both their sales were great, her manager spoke out: “There’s a lot of album charts in Taiwan, I guessed many of us were not sure what was happening.” Elva then gave her best wishes to Jam: “I feel that he is a very hardworking new artiste. Now the “Million Dollar Stars” contestants are very popular, I wish them all the best. My album is selling well in record stores, so I do not want to compare with anyone. I just hope that we would have excellent results.”

Because of her excellent performance in the filming of her music video, there were rumours that she would be filming a movie. With regard to this rumour, she said: “Actually I have reading a lot of movie scripts, some are commercial and some are artistic. But everything’s not confirmed yet. We shall leave it to fate.”
Recent news reported that Lin Chiling cried over comments that her performance was not up to standard in the movie “Red Cliff”. Elva commented: “I can disappoint myself, so I have to choose a script carefully. A singer can always be himself, be it dancing, singing or talking. But you have to become a totally different person when acting. This kind of challenge is different. I don’t want to mess things up and kick myself in the leg.”

Talking about the upcoming Beijing Olympics, Elva said that she would still be promoting her album in various places, so she guessed that she would not be able to watch the competition “live”, but she would update herself by watching television.

---------- Elva Singapore Fansite ----------

No comments: