Elva Looks Forward to the Olympics

Because of her latest album, Elva has been known as “3-Faced Elva” recently. But talking about sports, Elva speaks with apprehension, saying that her most active sport is dancing. Although she is not really into sports, when the topic of Beijing Olympics came along, she appeared excited and said that her favourite sportswoman is diver Guo Jing Jing from China.

“Unfortunately, I will be promoting my album while the Olympics is being held, so I guess I would not have time to watch any live matches. If I have the time, I would watch it on television in the hotel room.”
She also gave her best wishes for the Chinese team: “I’ve watched the news and know that this is the largest team ever sent by China, with more than 600 athletes including Yao Ming, Liu Xiang, Guo Jing Jing and many other young talents. I wish them all the best. I feel that holding the Olympics in China this time is honourable and exciting for all Chinese. The Chinese athletes will definitely bring us many surprises. As a Chinese, I feel very proud.”

Out of the 35 sports in the game, Elva picked her favourite without any hesitation: “Diving, because I like Guo Jing Jing. Her movements are very smooth and fluid, and I feel that she is very confident. Facing so many people in this mega event, she could still keep her cool; I really admire her for that. This is the last time that she’s competing in the Olympics, I hope that she could end her sporting career successfully.”
When asked if she knew how to dive, Elva revealed: “In my entire life, there’s two things that I could never master; one is driving, the other is swimming. I had enrolled in a driving lesson before, but I just couldn’t pick it up. When I was still in Vancouver, I tried learning swimming, but I just could not swim. Instead, I went to the spectators stand to watch. I had even tried diving once. Although I don’t know how to swim, I’m not a bit afraid of the water because I feel that the feeling is exhilarating. Haha. Of course I can’t compare myself with Guo Jing Jing.”

She said that she had been to the Beijing Wusong stadium for a performance and discovered that it is really beautiful and contemporary. “The basketball match will be held there, I’m looking forward to the great performances. Has Yao Ming recovered from his injury? I’m looking forward to it.”

---------- Elva Singapore Fansite ----------

No comments: