Elva is Imelda the Second

Elva is a shoe-addict, owning more than 500 pairs in her name. If one pair of shoe is worth an average of NT$20,000, she would have spent millions of dollars! Interestingly, even though she had injured her leg 2 years ago, had to move around in a wheelchair and go through rehabilitation, she continued to buy more shoes. She laughed: “My cast is on my left leg, so I can my new shoes on my right one!” The only difference is that she could not wear heels and so she only bought flat-heeled shoes.

When asked about her love for shoes, she said: “I’m like Carrie in Sex and the City. But the difference is that she needs to buy shoes even when she has no money, I can’t do that, or else my mum will kill me.” Before the release of her album “3-Faced Elva”, Elva took time for a photo shoot. Clad in a beautiful LV dress, she brought 5 pairs of shoes to the photo shoot. Her favourite one amongst them is a pair from Christian Louboutin. Her Balenciaga stilettos, with a sophisticated design, wowed everyone at the scene.

Elva has many similarities as Carrie. She loves to buy shoes and has great fashion sense. She explained further: “I’m very devoted when I’m in love, just like Carrie to Mr. Big.” When asked if she has met her Mr. Big, she did not give a politically correct answer like other celebrities, instead she said: “I wouldn’t say so even if I have. This is what happens to an artiste.”

Given her answer and her red string tied round her wrist, she might be in love now. But she explained that the red string is not for love. Rather, it is given by an elder and blessed by a King. Because she travels frequently and she is afraid of the dark, the string is to keep her safe and sound.

As for relationships, Elva admitted that as long as she is an artiste, she’s afraid that she cannot reveal it, unless permission is given by her manager. Although this is against her principle of being true to herself, she has matured a lot after much trauma in her love life and career. She said: “I know that they just want to protect me and it’s all for my own good.”

---------- Elva Singapore Fansite ----------

No comments: