Virgin Welcomes Elva in Beijing


EMI Virgin Taiwan officially welcomed Elva into the family during the Asia Press Conference held at Beijing Shi Cha Hai Association (北京什刹海会馆盛) today, witnessed by the media from all over Asia. The manager of EMI Taiwan Division, Huang Wei Qian (黄伟菁), and the head of EMI Chinese Division, Huang Wei Xiang (黄伟翔) were present at the welcome ceremony.


Before Elva’s arrival, the host interviewed the heads of EMI Music about their plans for Elva. Huang Wei Qian promised that Elva, with her luscious hair, beautiful skin and slender figure, will be turned into Asia’s commercial megastar.

When Elva finally arrived, she was welcomed by the famous Shaolin 18 Bronzemen (少林十八铜人), dressed in a Bohemian-styled D&G dress that showed off her svelte figure.

Several friends and colleagues from EMI Music gave their best wishes through a pre-recorded video. They include, Jolin Tsai, Wang Lee Hom and Stanley Huang. Stanley even joked "Actually Jolin doesn't like you, I'm the one who really likes you."

The ceremony was chosen to be held in Beijing because Virgin in Chinese, “Wei Jing”, rhymes with Beijing. Elva fans even went to Beijing’s Temple of Heaven, Earth, Sun and Moon to pray for an excellent career future for her. They presented a phoenix headdress specially made for her to dedicate their wishes.

Updating the progress of her album, Elva revealed that she has not finished recording one song but the album photos have been taken. In addition, she has finished recording one music video. She promised that the album will not be delayed later than June as the photos would be outdated by then.

The album will focus on ballads and less dance numbers compared to the previous album, 1087. "I know a lot of my fans missed my ballads, but the album will still include dance numbers. I will also be penning some songs too." She will also be collaborating with a mystery artiste in her much-anticipated album, which will feature a combination of music and martial arts.

As for her movie plans, Elva said she is considering two projects currently, and she's very happy about it. "Acting in a movie is something that I has always wanted to try, and I hope I can make use of my dance skills... I do not choose scripts or director. I've read an interview with Shu Qi, and she said that she does not choose scripts or director, as many new ideas can turn out differently under different editing. I totally agree with her. A movie is a team effort, and synergy needs to be created with different people." When asked what her limit is, she replied "My mum told me that as long as I can win an award, nudity is not a problem. But I told her how would I know if a movie will win any award before the shoot. But for me, there's no limit."

Head of EMI Virgin Music, Chen Dong Han, felt that it was a pity when Elva initially left Virgin Music. "I did not leave because I hated it, in fact I was reluctant. Everyone could see my performance during the five years. But I just could not cope with the tremendous stress. I told myself I need to take a break, or I could lose my interest in singing. Subsequently, I wanted to try a new collaboration, so I signed with a new company."

Talking about her experience after she had left Virgin, Elva said the journey has made her matured alot. "If it had happened now, I will not be so stubborn and will choose to communicate with my record company. We need to work hard for our jobs, but not at the expense of our health. It's all right to be tiring, but not without leaving any breathing space for yourself."

Lastly, Elva said that the most important reason that she chose EMI is because she could see that EMI was doing something concrete and is very sincere about their plans for her.

Video of the welcome ceremony:



Photos courtesy of Sina.
---------- Elva Singapore Fansite ----------

No comments: