Elva Takes Double at Sina Awards

At the Sina-Mengniu Web Awards 2007, Elva was awarded Most All Rounded Artiste Hong Kong/Taiwan and Female Artiste of the Year.

The award ceremony, held on 17 January 2008, took place in Beijing Chang An Theatre. The results were tabulate from online web polls as well as a panel of judges.

Elva was the attention grabber at the red carpet. The Dolce and Gabbana black dress that she had worn was the one and only piece in the world, and was specially tailored for the award ceremony.

Dressed in an orange tube top that revealed her generous cleavage, the Taiwanese pop diva was sultry and attractive especially when she took the stage and performed her hit song, Confession, from her last album, 1087.

When receiving the award for Most All Rounded Artiste Hong Kong/Taiwan, Elva thanked everyone including her fans, the organizer and all those who had supported her. Shin (from the defunct Taiwanese rock group Shin Band 信乐团) received the award for Male Artiste of the Year, and shared the stage with Elva when she received Female Artiste of the Year. “I’m so afraid of standing beside Shin because he is so tall!”, she joked before giving her thank you speech.

At the post award ceremony, Elva answered various questions regarding her winnings and her albums.

In regards to receiving the Female Artiste of the Year, she said “I was the one who caused the 1087-day hiatus because I had chose to take a break for a long period of time, but I did not regret it.” Feeling especially grateful and lucky, she also explained what had caused the 1087-day hiatus from the music scene “I had to give myself a break when I had finished my last album in 2003, but when I returned, there was an organizational restructuring in my record company, which further delayed my album release. My album was supposed to be released 800 days from my last one, but it was postponed by 200 more days.”

The main reason for her win? Elva said “There was a lot of musicians working in this album, 1087., so a lot of credit was given to the album. But the main reason has to do with the music. Even though there was a lot of commercial packaging, I feel that we had put in our best effort to produce this album."
---------- Elva Singapore Fansite ----------

No comments: